GPSNarrator - the voice of GPS
This is an offroad voice based navigation program for PalmOS 5+ with bluetooth GPS receiver and GoogleMaps support.
The program has numeric, graphic and voice feedback. You must not look on the display, it tells all the parameters values( e.g.: speed: 0, 10, 20,... km/h or rest time to target: 10, 8, 5,... min ).
Try it, it is very easy to navigate your target without having street map. You hear the actual direction and distance values of target, and you will find very easy your target in the city or in the hills.
If you don't have a GPS receiver, turn on the GPS simulation in the prefs and you can try out the GPSNarrator trial version at home.
You can add max. 10000 points and routes to the database. It's easy to find point's lat/lon coordinates from third party map programs( e.g.: Google Earth).
You can simply right-click the Placemark in Google Earth and select Copy. Then Paste the contents of the clipboard into any text editor and save it with kml extension. This kml file you can import in the POI list window's menu. You can do the same the import of the route.
Some simple steps to navigate your target point:
- Create your profile for the used vehicle( car, plane, bike, ship,... ).
- Select a target point.
- Start the navigation.
- The narrator voice( distance, direction, lift, speed, rest time ) will help you to navigate your target.
The voice datas are stored in a separate narrator file(GPSNarSnd.prc).
You can download more free narrator language files in the download section on my website.
- Display and speak speed, altitude, course, target distance, target lift, target direction, trip, elapsed time and rest time to target.
- Display used satellite number, HDOP, time, lat and lon coordinates.
- Calculates (resetable) statistic: average speed, max speed, trip, elapsed time, navigation start and stop time.
- Display POIs on a resizeable and zoomable map.
- On Centro you can show the selected POI with Google Maps.
- Display live route on the map.
- Adjustable speed and distance unit(km/h, mph, knot; km, mile, nautical mile).
- Visual and sound alerts on exceeding the nearest radar POI's speed limit or the global speed warning limit.
- Automatically starts the navigation on program startup.
- It works as the screen is off(Treo and Centro only).
- You can save the current position.
- Route log can be saved to SD card and database.
- Route editor included: edit, split, join, compact.
- Palm internal clock sync to GPS time.
- Export and import KML(GoogleEarth), GPX point and path.
- GPS simulator for testing without real GPS.
- Full help inside the program.
- Free narrator language files.
- Rock stable C++ code.
- Supports all Palm OS 5+ devices.
- Bluetooth required.
- Supports high resolution.
- Supports any bluetooth GPS receiver with NMEA standard (GPGGA and GPRMC sentences required).
- 200 kB free RAM required after the installation.
- Full 5way navigator support.
- Treo keyboard support( volume change: +/-, map size: space, route save: r).
- Supports Google Maps on Centro.
- Tested and developed on Tungsten E2 and Centro.
Last updated on 03/18/13